Amy Kuhmichel, DMD
Meet Dr. Kuhmichel
Dr. Amy Kuhmichel grew up in Houston, Texas. She did her undergraduate studies at Carnegie Mellon University and graduated with honors. Dr. Amy Kuhmichel then received her dental degree from the University of Pennsylvania. After dental school, Dr. Amy Kuhmichel completed a four year residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Emory University. This extensive training involved various rotations at Emory University Hospitals, Grady Memorial Hospital, VA Hospital Atlanta and Children’s Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston. While at Emory, her training involved all aspects of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery including facial trauma, placement of dental implants, corrective jaw surgery, temporomandibular joint disorders and major reconstructive procedures for developmental, congenital and aesthetic problems.
Dr. Amy Kuhmichel has staff privileges at Emory University Hospital Midtown, Children’s Hospital of Atlanta at Egleston, Children’s Hospital of Atlanta at Scottish Rite and St. Joseph’s Hospital. She participates on the volunteer staff at Grady Memorial Hospital and the Ben Massell Dental Clinic.
She, like Dr. Glenn Maron, shares the same goals of maintaining the highest quality of patient care in a comfortable and warm atmosphere.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- American Dental Association
- Georgia Dental Association
- Ben Massell Dental Clinic Volunteer Staff
- International College of Dentists
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)