Glenn Maron, DDS, FACS, FICD
Meet Dr. Maron
Dr. Glenn Maron received his DDS from Emory University school of Dentistry in 1986, followed by five years of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery training at Emory University and affiliated hospitals. Completing his residency in 1991. The following year he completed a Reconstructive Surgery fellowship at Emory.
He is currently the Chief of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery section of Children’s Healthcare Atlanta, Scottish Rite. Dr. Glenn Maron is also a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and is a clinical Assistant Professor for the Department of Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery section at Emory University, Grady Memorial Hospital and Emory University Hospital Midtown.
Dr. Glenn Maron was the team Maxillofacial Surgeon for the Atlanta Thrashers Hockey Club for the duration of the franchise, the Atlanta Falcons football team and still serves the Atlanta Braves baseball team. Dr. Maron served on the NHL Team Physicians Executive Committee for five years, and has been involved in changing the emergency protocols for the NHL. He was the official Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon for the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta, where he treated several athletes from around the world.
Dr. Glenn Maron serves on the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Exam Committee and is now appointed as the President of Georgia Board of Dentistry. He is on active staff at Emory University Hospital Midtown, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and St. Josephs Hospital. He is also a consultant at the VA Hospital and Grady Memorial Hospital. Dr. Maron was presented by the Emory Dental Alumni Association with the 2020-2022 Distinguished Achievement Award.
When he is not treating patients or athletes in Atlanta, in the past years Dr. Glenn Maron has participated in Medical Mission trips to Central and South America with Healing the Children, NE a non-profit organization. His goal is to provide the highest quality of care for his patients in a warm and welcoming environment.
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Georgia Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Cleft/Palate/Craniofacial Association
- American Dental Association
- Hinman Dental Society
- NHL Team Physicians Society
- American College of Surgeons
- International College of Dentists
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Georgia Board of Dentistry — General Anesthesia Permit